Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wednesday's Wacky 10 miler

I was scheduled for a 10 mile run today No problem- the clinic where I work was closing at 3pm and I figured I could actually get in an outdoor run during the week for a change....So- off I went to Bear Creek Lake Park for a lovely 10 mile run.
I start off along the creek which is frozen solid and beautifully peaceful. Then I make it out onto the open fields running around a stream toward Bear Creek Lake.
I'm about 45 mins into the run and it dawns on me that the park closes at dark...and I parked inside the gates of the park...OH-OH. So I turn around and booked it back towards my car....luckily I was scheduled to do miles 5,7,9 as tempos....so I ended up doing my first tempo work in at mile 4.
I made it back to the car as I saw a ranger drive by...got in my car and drove about a mile out of the park to continue my run inside the park.....I was able to get another 2 miles in before it got dark (mile 7 another tempo)-
SO THEN- I got back in my car- drove home for the last 3 miles to be completed on my treadmill with mile 9 being tempo again.......
It was a completely wacky run!!!! I have never broken up a run into 3 different sections in 3 different locations......
But I did my 10- and got some time outdoors- Oh and by the way, I noticed the park doesn't close the gates until 6pm. I still had another hour when I turned around originally......

No comments:

Post a Comment