Sunday, December 21, 2008

Early Sunday Mornin 5K Swim




Up at 4:30 again for the second time this weekend! So much for sleepin in.
Got up and met the gang at Carmody Rec Center for 3K and 5K swim. I was signed up for the 5K- no paddles, bouy or fins... MY first 3 mile swim!
Well the good news is- I DID IT! Yeah. No bad news, just good news.
I was butt tired for about the first 18 laps (that's long course laps). Just felt tired...and then around lap 18 I finally felt warmed up and in a rythym. I could feel that my form is improving. One indicator is my neck isn't sore. I must be rolling better to breath.
So- I noticed as I was swimming one of the guys in the faster lane- I was keeping up with him-So what I realized today is where I lose time is on my turns. Actually that's the problem- I don't flip turn so loose a lot of time, power and speed coming off the wall. I need to really work on this when I'm at masters from now on.
Anyway- it was fun and I love swimming- but boy are my legs tired- but not hurting and no injuries!

FUEL- ate 1 egg and 1 bread about 1 hr before swim. That seemed to hold me good....

Post swim-some of us went to the Danish Bakery (yummy scones!) and then Starbucks....fun and food. What more could you want!
Pictures from Practical Coaching

No comments:

Post a Comment