Friday, December 26, 2008

Spinning After Christmas

Woke up with morning at 3:45AM to ride my trainer for 2 hours.....Not an easy feat following Christmas day at my cousin Michelle's house with her husband and two children. We had a wonderful brunch and spent the rest of the afternoon playing games and eating cookies- Oh by the way - did I mention we ate COOKIES- for hours on end!
Needless to say- I woke up with a sugar hangover facing two hours on my trainer.....but all was not lost as I had the movie Deception to take my mind off how hungover I felt...
The ride went well- high cadence and low resistance. The movie was action packed and suspenseful- which kept me going and spinning fast. I had lots of water on hand and drank plenty hoping to flush out the sugar- And I was successful! By the time I finished I was feeling like myself and no hangover :)
Next I was off to work for the day with the weekend ahead! Big run tomorrow- 17 miler- should be fun!
I'm glad the indulgence of the holidays only come once a year...

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed getting to know you and Andrea on the run last week. I know you were "Going the Distance" w/ 25 mi. And I was only doing 8. But, I had fun getting to know the 2 of you. Movie during the trainer, what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete