Sunday, December 21, 2008

Saturday 26 miles of fun- run....

My first long run today. I was so nervous this morning. The weather was forecasted to be 4 degrees, snowy, cloudy- and instead we ended up with a glorious day. Temps were in the 20s and the sun was a shinin.
Started the run at Andrea's house in Highlands Ranch and ran bike trail along C-470 all the way to Golden. My hip had been hurting pretty bad all week, so I took it slow for the majority of run. Most of run was uphill and I mainly walked the down hills. I find that I hold back a bit, I think because I am not sure what I am really capable of. Could I have run faster...possibly. I figure I'll try at the Marathon in Jan. I am shooting for sub 5 hours. That would rock!
Ran the 26 miles in 6:06. Slow and steady with a break for water at Conoco in Morrison.
I just tried to upload the run from my Garmin...and it's in cyber heaven somewhere. Kinda bummed I lost the information from this run....:(
For FUEL- I consumed 3 gels, 1 clif bar and 1/2 banana. DRANK 3 bottles of water. I took my sportsquestdirect pills every hours- but did not use Carbo Pro this time. I like the Carbo Pro best I think.
I enjoyed running with Andrea. For a while Christy was with us and Andrea and her were running faster than I was ready to....It kinda sucks to be behind sometimes...who am I kidding...it sucks all the time. In time- I'll get fasterrr...................
I really love running this amount of time and this distance. Could have done without the hiway traffic. But it still was glorious and I felt absolutely blessed!

For recovery tried the moon pants that Chipolte/Garmin team uses. They were awesome and I think they helped a lot. The Wendy's hambuger might have helped too :)

All in all- great run! I ran 26 miles and was not dead by the end! It feels great to already be able to run 26 miles and I'm a year out from IRONMAN..... Cool stuff!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment