Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hitting the Treadmill

Woke up Tues morning 4am to get in my Repeat Running workout...a cup of tea and it was downstairs to the basement for the workout on my treadmill.
Started off with 2 miles at a super easy pace-then...the pain began! Did 4 X 1 mile repeat at 9:00 pace- which for me is HARD. There were times during each repeat when I wanted to stop...but I kept with it...sweating my brains out-even with the fan blowing on me.
My legs were burning by the final repeat and I must admit I was glad it was over. And I was absolutely glad I did it! I know that every workout gets me in better shape and hopefully closer to a faster runtime next season...
Today will bring a 10 mile run which I am looking forward to as I will be able to be outdoors-Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment