Sunday, March 29, 2009

Missing The Big Swim

So this morning I was suppose to be up at 4 am and off to a 7K swim workout.

Unfortunately a very sore throat woke me up at around 2:30 this morning. I got up took some stuff and never feel back to sleep. By 4am I did not feel good at all....At that point I had to make the decision to go to the workout or stay in bed. Since I had only slept about 4 hours and felt pretty bad-I decided to stay in bed...I finally feel back to sleep and stayed that way until 10:00! I never sleep that long!!!!! Never!

Now you may be wondering why am I writing about this. The fact is that I feel very guilty for missing this key workout! I wanted really badly to swim the 7K today and have been looking forward to this the whole month! I love these long swims. There is something so relaxing about swimming for a hours at a time.

A few weeks ago when I took a week off from training I had no desire to workout...today I wanted to so badly but pretty much new if I did swim- I would have caught this cold that is knocking at my throat. I feel like it was a slacker week of training as two other workouts where cut short due to weather....speaking of weather....I think the weather is the culprit for my throats state.

This week we went from 78 degrees on Sunday to a blizzard on Thursday...So far this winter I have avoided EVERY crud that has come through the office and infected everyone. I'm just hoping that by not swimming today I will avoid this thing....And I should not worry about missing one key swim workout---but for today I can't help it. I'll just see what tomorrow brings and if I kick this thing......more later....

2 comments:

  1. Missed you at swim yesterday. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weather is not helping, is it? Impressed w/ your 7K, though. Glad you are taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete