Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Swimmin and Swimmin and Runnin............

It's been awhile since I've checked in and posted what's going on. So, February is the month my coach Andrea decided to "stretch" my mind/limits. This month I have two 25 mile runs on my training calendar plus tons of swimming and more running during the week!

Yesterday I got to masters early and started swimming then- swam masters. During lunch I went to the gym and strength trained then following work did a 45' continous swim....and I loved every minute of it! Am I weird or what? I felt so good in the evening following that swim.....And I slept like a baby...

Many changes are a comin....in my personal life and in my training. February is my birth month-so it's a great time to try new things and stretch my mind.

My coach talks about "placing myself" in reference to the group I train with. She helps me see that I may be limiting myself with my own beliefs about what I am capable of doing and achieving. Hence-this month is about challenging those beliefs and breaking through barriers that may be holding me back...now how fun is that? Seriously! To find a new level- and new ability- to expand my belief in myself.....It'll take a lot of work- or then again- maybe not.....
All I know is I am absolutely gamed for it!

Here's to Going The Distance!

2 comments:

  1. Think your coach has some good ideas that pertain to life in general. Good luck in all your endeavors. Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a strong human being! Sounds like you are having fun growing. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete